- Status : UNRELIABLE NARRATIONS / FABRICATED
Here is the entire sequence of the report copy-pasted (random version) :
The Prophet (SAW) said that milk wipes away heat from the heart just as the finger wipes away sweat from the brow. It strengthens the back, increases the brain, augments intelligence, renews vision and drives away forgetfulness.
… is considered to be the best remedy for constipation when mixed in hot water. It is the food of foods, drink of drinks and drug of drugs; gives appetite, strengthens the stomach, eliminates phlegm, can be used as a meat preservative, hair conditioner, eye salve and mouthwash. It is not only beneficial to drink in the mornings in warm water; it is also a sunnah.
Excellent treatment for skin and hair, delays old age , treats inflammation of the stomach.
The Prophet (SAW) said that mushroom is a good cure for the eyes , it also serves as a form of birth control and arrests paralysis.
The Prophet was very fond of grapes. It purifies the blood, provides vigour and health, strengthens the kidneys and clears the bowels .
The Prophet (SAW) said that a house without dates has no food , also to be eaten at the time of childbirth.
It is a fruit from paradise and a cure for piles.
Good for fever in a soup form.
Melon contains 1000 blessings and 1000 mercies, the prophet SAW said “None of your women who are pregnant and eat of watermelon will fail to produce offspring who are good in countenance and good in character.
The Prophet (SAW) said it cleanses you of Satan and evil aspirations for 40 days.
The Prophet (SAW) said the best drink in this world and the next is water, when you are thirsty drink it by sips and not gulps, gulping produces sickness of the liver .
1. MILK : The narration you question regarding ‘Lubbaan’ which you have translated as milk has been classified as unauthentic. (see Tanzeehu Shari’ah vol.2 pg.262). the narration goes as : “Chew Libaan (a kind of gum), for it wipes away sadness from the heart as the finger wipes away sweat from the forehead. It strengthens the heart, augments the mind, increases the intelligence, polishes the sight, and expels forgetfulness.” This was reported by Ali ibn ‘Arraaq Al-Kinaani, the author of Tanzeeh Ash-Sharee’ah Al-Marfoo’ah ‘an Al-Ahaadeeth Ash-Shanee’ah Al-Mawdhoo’ah, and he commented on it saying: “In its chain of narrators, there is Muhammad ibn Ibraaheem ibn ‘Amr ibn Yoosuf about whom Ibn Mandah said: “He narrated Munkar (rejected) Ahaadeeth.”
2. MUSHROOM : Regarding the mushroom/truffle, it being a cure for the eyes is recorded by Imaam Bukhari in his Sahih (Hadith4487, 4639 and 5708). However, the type of mushroom referred to in this Hadith should be verified first. As for it being a form of birth control and that it arrests paralysis, this is not mentioned in the narration. To the contrary, Hafiz Ibnul-Qayyim (rahimahullah) has mentioned that it actually causes paralysis. (Zadul-Ma’ad vol.4 pg.361)
3. GRAPES : Rasulullah ﷺ being very fond of grapes has been recorded by Imaam Abu Nu’aim in his al-Tibbun Nabawiy and Imaam ibn ‘Aadi in his al-Kaamil. Hafiz al-Iraaqi has classified these narrators as weak. (Takhureejul Ihyaa vol.2 pg.331)
4. DATES : Dates to be eaten at the time of birth is recorded by Imaam Abu Ya’ala in his Musnad (see Majma-uz-zawaaid vol.5 pg.39; also refer Tanzihu Shari’ah vol.1 pg.209, vol.2 pg.240). Though the Ulama have disputed its authenticity, its meaning may also be established by the Qur’aan (Surah Maryam verse25-26). Imaam Muslim and Tirmidhi among others have recorded the narration of Sayyidatuna Aaisha (Radhiallaahu Anhu) that Rasulullah ﷺ said, ‘That house which doesn’t have dates has no food.’ (Sahih Muslim Hadith5305; Sunan Tirmidhi Hadith1815)
5. MELON : None of the narrations regarding the melon have been established besides the fact that Rasulullah ﷺ, ate it. (see al-Maqaasidul Hasanah pgs175-176, al-la’alil masnoo’ah vol.2 pg.210 and al-Masnoo’ah of Mulla Ali Qari pg.77 and Al-Manar al-muneef by Ibn al-qayyim)
6. POMEGRENATE : This Hadeeth was narrated by Ibn ‘Adiyy among the Dha‘eef (weak) Ahaadeeth in his book entitled Al-Kaamil, and he ruled that it is fabricated. ‘Allamah Dhahabi has declared this Hadith a fabrication. (Siyar A’lamin Nubala, vol.9 pg.392)
7. Drinking water in sips and not in gulps has been mentioned in numerous Ahaadith recorded by Imaams: Baghawi, Tabraani, ibn Mandah and others (refer to Takhrijul Ihyaa vol.2 pg.334; Majma-uz-zawaaid vol.5 pg.80). However, we have not found any mention of ‘gulping causing a sickness of the liver’.
Many Muhaddithin (masters in Hadith) have stated that the ahadith mentioned on the benefits of fruits like the melon, pomegranate etc are all unreliable or even fabricated. (Kashful Khafaa 1/278,1/423, al-Manar an-Munif Pg.128)
It is proven that Nabi ﷺ ate the majority of the items mentioned, however the specific benefits mentioned for most of these items are not proven from sound Ahadith.
Now please don’t get me wrong, the fruits/vegetable mentioned certainly have good effects, but just don’t say the prophet ﷺ said exactly what is written above.
Now that you know the narrations are not reliable please stop these chains and most importantly propagate the truth (pass this blog’s address for example).